The STEP Program is not accepting applications for 2017-2018.
THE STEP PROGRAM APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED!
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, you must:
- attend Truman State University as incoming first-year student or transfer student,
- pursue a Truman degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics
- submit an online application, and
- show financial need according to the FAFSA.
Students who are selected to be STEP Scholars will receive:
- two years of need-based scholarship (varying amounts up to $5,600 per year),
- academic and professional enrichment activities,
- academic advising from STEP faculty and staff,
- career awareness materials, and
- professional development advice.
To remain eligible for the program, STEP Scholars must:
- take STEM 101 Integrated Freshman Seminar during their first fall term on campus,
- take STEM 105 or 110 Inquiry Seminar during their first spring term on campus,
- continue to make satisfactory progress toward a qualified science degree, and
- participate in related program activities.
With support from the National Science Foundation, the STEP Scholars program is another way the Truman’s STEP Office is supporting our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) degree programs to increase degree production to meet the economic development needs of Missouri, America, and the community of Truman alumni.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 660-785-7252 to speak with Ryan Miller, our Academic Advisor for the STEP Office.